October 14, 2008

Saving Lucy


Pics: Last year's surgery and Shawn's gnarly depiction of the tumor on my ovary that was removed. 

Oct 1, 2008

Yesterday was a big day for decision making in my life. I wanted to share with you what we've decided about the impending treatment of my ... well, icky physical problems.

After investigating to the best of my ability both a complete hysterectomy or a grueling treatment including a drug called Lupron (the two horrible treatments available for endometriosis through the medical industry), I've decided to abandon them both and do all I can to save Lucy Jolynn, my surviving ovary. She wants to live and I'm going to do all in my power to make it happen.

I'm turning to alternative medicine to see what a holistic approach can offer. As of yesterday, I'll be going through a detox program (did the same one last year which revealed the first tumor) coupled with a treatment called MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement if you want to Google it) that I call herbal chemotherapy. 

Eric and I feel encouraged that this is the best plan for me, for our family ... and for Lucy.

Long term, we are very hopeful for my full recovery, with a strong and slim body to boot! In addition, I'd really like to keep my hormones cope-ready for ... whatever. Ladies! Never take those little girls for granted!

We ask for your prayers over the next few months while we hunker down to tackle my health. We feel so blessed to have the gospel in our lives with the understanding that the Savior will willingly carry for us those things we are unable to carry ourselves. I know he is mindful of me ... and you ... and will help us through all our challenges.

That's all.

Hold with us the "Save Lucy" banner! She needs to live.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I never take my health or my families health for granted anymore. We'll be thinking and praying for you. Ted's 30year old sister with no children yet just found out she has Ovarian Cancer so i too will never take those girls for granted ever again! Hang in there and keep us posted.

Julie and Todd said...

Todd and I pray for Lucy (and for you) every night these days. I sure hope you're doing o.k. and that the cravings for anything food have passed. Love all the pics...what a glorious update!!!