December 29, 2008

Elder Thompson's Christmas


My Christmas Present from Ry was these pictures!!!! I jumped up and down and clapped my hands. I love seeing my boy in the field. What did families do without e-mail and digital cameras? So sad. But today, I am so happy!


A very happy Ryan finally gets his Christmas package ... a little bigger than he expected

Does anyone know iridology? I think this kid needs to be checked for loony-syndrome!










It appears that they're watching Christmas fireworks

I'm pretty sure what we're seeing is considered illegal in Utah??? What do you think? Maybe not ... happy explosions!


Here's Ryan's Christmas letter ... Enjoy!

Well, this has got to be hands down the weirdest Christmas of my life. Let us begin. First of all, it's summer down here. Thus the absence of snow or anything that might be cool. Next we had received word from the Grinch (aka Presdient Fierro) that we had to work Christmas ... (that's what I thought too). And it also turns out it was just me and my comp that worked because apparently he likes to keep rules. I wasn't as inclined. So we went around Quilmana. No one was at any appointment. The streets were empty, and we just made contacts. Hurray! BUT before I go any further I must tell you about Christmas Eve, also known as Noche Buena here.

So we were workin' like normal, rockin' in the numbers, but that night we spent with our Pension's family. First I got one of the best gifts ... callin' the fam! And afterwards we did, well, Christmas stuff. We had a small dinner of chicken, rice, some weird sauce (but very very tasty) and Pepsi. Luego we had a gift exchange - fashow! I scored the worlds smallest library; three books that talk about Peru, but really small. So if anyone ever has a question about Peru, I can pull out this small vault of information and burn anyone who doesn't know things about Peru. Later we lit off fireworks - Happy 4th of July! But not really. And then we just happened to be there until 3 in the morning.

Now for Christmas. After our day of work, we went back to the Pension and there had a SWEET game of sherades. Wow, that game is hard in Spanish. But this family here rocks my socks. They are so fun to be with. And we also recorded the entire game. Ah, good times.

But what really blew me away was the package from my fam, the Dowdle/Thompson/Bakers ... I was pretty much speechless. Really it blew me away how much effort you guys put into it! I loved the letters (especially Eric's Triple Combo note :)) And ohhh the food. I should be good until next Christmas. And now Elder Belon has fallen in love with what is called a Cashew. 

My love was just strengthened.

Really, thank you thank you thank you for everything. I love you all! I just can't wait until I can be with all of you passing Christmas away. But don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the mission! This has been a blessing! This next month we should have about 6 to 8 baptisms. The Lord truly prepares people.

Love 
Elder Thompson

P.S. Oh and I also found out that the time limit for calling was 30 minutes. Yeah, I blew that rule out of the water.

No comments: