December 28, 2008

Christmas Morning

Cody gets his sock monkey to be added to his vintage toy collection

Dad starts distributing gifts ... one at a time

Cody watches in pained anticipation as the "big boys" open their very "big boy" gifts

Autumn, nestled on her very own coach, gets a peek at her next very cool gift

Sitting close to my loot, (that suddenly appeared under the tree after my husband's annual Christmas Eve last minute rush) I feel anxious to see what he has in store for me this year

Cody unwraps a new game and anticipates family time later -- his favorite thing in the world to do 

Big boy toys always require a lot of reading before the play can begin

Mom and daughter bonding over Mom's very favorite gift ... an Ann Taylor gift card. Autumn got a promissory note for lotion shopping too so a pact was quickly made for some girl time  ... yahoo ... here we come!

Cody shows us his two new animals (found in his stocking), a kitten and puppy that will soon be added to an extensive animal collection of over 100 different "friends". This boy loves his animals!

I am here displaying both my most unanticipated gift (a chef coat and hat ... yea, I know) and the poor unfortunate bird that we will be eating in approximately four hours.

Autumn finds joy in the smallest of pleasures ... an old fashioned slinky (found in the toe of her stocking)

The feast is ready!

Yes, I am a culinary genius! Well, I got the uniform, so that has to count for something

And what took days to prepare is gobbled down in a half hour ... mom's around the world, you surely sympathize!

A beautiful day ... Norman Rockwellishly wonderful!

Man! I'm sure glad it's over. I need a nap.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Love the Chef get up!