December 30, 2010

Christmas morning 2010

Merry Christmas! 2010 has found the Dowdle/Thompson family together!



Every Christmas morning starts with seeing what Santa brought ... stockings so full that gifts fall out all around them. The kids (no matter how old) love this part!


A Christmas tree filled with memories and gifts


Me and my honey-bear. Our kids are getting older, but Christmas is Christmas and no matter how old you are, it's so magical.


Our 5 kids ... sigh. They are SO big. We love them so much! The best Christmas present of all is having Ryan home and completing our little gaggle again.


"here, let me see the camera!"


"I need to get pictures of the kids opening their stockings ... one of their favorite parts of Christmas morning."


Autumn bought me a silver chain with a pendent that has a "D" on it. I love it. It is extra special because my daughter picked it out for ME.


And what did Autumn pick out for Daddy-O? A tie and SALT PACKETS!!! She's an accomplice to his horrible addition!


It's not just any round poinsettia wrapped sphere. It's an indoor basket ball that he can play with for years. Joey has to get at least one ball or another each year.


High five Cody!


On the side...


To slo..... oh, you got me!


Granny got us cool shirts from Aeropostle. Thanks Granny. You did good!


And look what Granny got me... Something for my eyes when I sleep. I really did want this! How did she know?


Granny got Shawn a Christmas piano book and Ryan a guitar music book. They were both ecstatic and surprised Granny nailed them so well.


Dad got to open the gift from Auntie Claire; a little Christmas embellishment for our tiny cottage. Thanks Claire!

Granny has to get us something to do with maps. You see ... she's a geography teacher!


Now for Ryan's gifts. Joey got a gift certificate to Mrs. Cavanough chocolates --- $20! Lucky.


Autumn got a darling little apron to support her new love of cooking.

And it deserved a high five!....


And a hug.


Ry got Dad a tie. A nice one! Eric studied the packaging. Well, of course he did.


And mom last. Ryan got me some book reading lights. And I love them. But what I liked even more was the hand written, well-thought, amazing letter he wrote. Contents private ... but any mother would be so happy. What a boy!


Cody actually guessed this gift. He's been asking for the sixth book in the David Bowman series; Who's Your Hero, for months. I read it to him that night. It was amazing. Get it for everyone you know!


Ryan got dishes for his apartment. Yay! He'll be moving in two weeks. sigh....


soooooo snuggggggly!!!! grrrrrrrr


"How to yarn. Um... thanks." We laughed hard over that one. It was actually a really neat video on family history from our neighbor. But Joey got to open it. Boy did we pick the right person for the job. [snicker]


Thanks Oma! I remote control truck for Cody.


I waited to the end to open my gift from Marshy. It was an amazing book she made about Mother's. She wrote me the most amazing letter in the back. There was a darling picture of her and me too. It was the perfect way to end our lovely Christmas. What a great morning!


I asked Cody what gift he liked best. "This!" he said. At the time he was playing with a squishy tomato that Auntie Jane bought him. He threw it up to the ceiling and it stuck. It stayed there most of the day. Kinda funny.


It's been one of my favorite Christmas mornings ever. I had all my children all day. We put aside our toys and played games to make us laugh. It was such a good idea. Our family feels wrong when even one member is missing. What a blessing to enjoy this day TOGETHER!

And most important, we remember our Savior who has given us the greatest gift of all.... HOPE!

No comments: