November 24, 2008

A Thankful Family!


*GRATITUDE LISTS*

Sent from Ryan - Our Super-Star Missionary!

I am thankful for a family on this earth and the knowledge that we can be together for the eternities.
I am thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. Without it we are nothing.
I am thankful for the scriptures and the treasure that are hidden within them. When my soul hungers I can always be fed by them.
I am thankful for this church and the guidance it, and the prophet, gives us.
I am thankful for the love my family gives me and the example that they are for me.

Mama-Bear Gratitude List

I am so thankful for all my children.
I'm thankful for my husband ... who I can share my life with, and who keeps life very, very,  (did I say very) interesting.
I'm thankful that I can be home, raising my youngling to giving them a sure footing at life...
and for a man who works so hard to make it so.
I'm thankful for the path that has been laid before me by heavenly hands who care SO much.
I'm thankful for food, and a living Prophet who reminds us to store it for a rainy day.
I'm thankful for the missionary program and the transformation I've seen as my son stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the Savior to do His work.
I'm thankful for a refrigerator and organic vegetables, warmth through the night, hot water and a full, deep, clean bathtub with bubbles and soaking time, for indoor lighting and indoor plumbing and soft Charmin, and...
 a baby boy that finds me each morning, and as he hugs me tight, tells me that I'm a ...
"special princess"

Eric's quick list ... over the phone and on the run ... as always

health
my family
the gift of repentance!
my parents and the darndest they did to make me a decent human being
definitely my wife ... whew!!
my talent
people ... I like people ... I like good people ... even criminals
I am thankful for FOOD ... glorious food, in all of it's forms
hard work ... yes!
the plan of salvation
Oh ... the list goes on and on ...
my testimony
which brings me back to, I'm glad I can repent - because I'm such a slob
That's a big chunk of it right there
Now, everyone, go make something of your life.

The Codester 
(as dictated by the boy ... remember, he's only four)

Loving my children
Hugging my Mama and telling Ryan to say bye-bye
Children
Bonkin' on the head because he's not being nice
I'm thankful for the gospel (no prompting on that one ... really!)
Hitting tables
Hugging my Mom (again)
Cheese (was eating it as he spoke)
Thankful for Kaza (cheese in German)
Thankful the movies


Joe-Joe List

a home
food
clothing
being able to go to school and learn
having friends
moving to my Dad's house
a family
church
steak ... the meat kind


Shawn David's thoughts of gratitude
 
Family, and there's shelter to live under. To be able to control the condition of the house so you can feel a good temperature. The resources to help me throughout my life. And to have tons of opportunities to do my dreams and make choices. To do so many great things. To be watched over. To be able to have food or something to entertain me. To keep myself doing something that is good and that I can enjoy. And not have much difficulties to survive ...

I guess.


A Busy Dancer's Quick List ... That's Autumn!

family
food
shelter
gospel
Aunt Terry
Scriptures
Dad & Mom
other Mom
Cody
Ryan's example
Friends ... and DANCE!

That's about it.





4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love your lists...Especially Eric's thankfulness for criminals. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful for your friendship!

Jennifer said...

what a cute idea. we really do have so much to be thankful for.
p.s. did you get your picture by the front door??

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

I am thankful for you and your family! Knowing that you ARE my family brings comfort! Love you