November 17, 2008

Mission Letter to Ry from Cody




Cody, our 4-year-old squishy, dictated a letter for his missionary brother yesterday (he felt left out when he saw me at the keyboard). We e-mailed it to Ryan which made his day. I loved the letter as well as Ryan's typical (and a bit violent) response, so I posted it. What would we do without the smiles our children brings us!!! I love those little monkeys.

I'm also posting a few pictures of Ryan and Cody before Ry left on his mission ... just cuz we gotta have pics!

Pic #1: Picking Ryan up from the airport when he got home from a summer in New Zealand 
Pic #2: Ryan's mission bon-voyage party
Pic #3: Ry and Cody just goofing off




THE LETTER

To Ry From Cody - 11.16.08

Dictated word-for-word by your baby brother ...

Ryan ... Cody and Ryan. I like my mommy. I like my alphabet. Mom speaks on the phone and wants to go to the temple. I like to see turtles. I want to go to the dentist. Shawn loves you. Hug Shawnie. It's like saying prayers. He likes hugging his friends. He likes doing games in the gospel. Calling on the phone. Teach the gospel. Be like a go to school. I miss Ryan. I kiss him and say goodbye. Sing a song in the gospel.

Ryan's response to Cody 11.17.08

Ha ha you have no idea how happy that letter made me! Oh I miss that kid. Give him a big hug from me and then push him over.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That has to be the sweetest letter EVER!! I especially like the part where Ryan says "Give him a big hug and then push him over." LOVE THAT! It's so a big brother thing to say.

Summer said...

I'm so excited i just found your blog!!! I can't wait to add you to my list!!!

Karen