June 12, 2010

RYAN'S HOME!!!!

We picked Ryan up from the Airport at midnight (June 9) and didn't get to bed until about 3:00 a.m. But I woke up pretty easy and ... still camera happy ... ran down stairs for a picture. Ryan's starting to remember his Mom and her picture-taking. Welcome home! Mwahahahaha!!!

He's in there somewhere


That's as much of the unpacking Ryan was able to do last night


Really Mom?

Yay! He's up! Let's play


Everyone was excited to see Ryan. We got up and just sat around in our jammas and talked.


My kids. My heart!


Dad was in charge of the FIRST BIG BREAKFAST! Ryan was in heaven!


But now for the big shocker .... Ryan, you still have to help with dishes. Welcome to REAL LIFE.

OPEN HOUSE
On Friday night we had an open house so EVERYONE that wanted to see Ry could come over. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!


Ryan and Claire have been close their whole lives. She couldn't wait to see hi again. And Ryan couldn't wait to meet her new son and husband!


Auntie Dinah and Heidi love their Ry-Ry!!! Ryan says that Heidi has changed the LEAST. He's happy about that.


Bishop and Eileen Jacklin. Ryan and Roy have been very close. Not only was he Ry's Bishop, but they worked together at IHC for quite a while too. These two will forever be close to our family! We love them.


A new Grandma and sister, Sylvia and Sylvie (Renzo - Claire's husband's family)


Opa came over! Sweet. Oma is in Germany and he still ventured over. 

Ryan's buddies came for the food! Kidding ... for Ry.

Dinah, Granny and Heidi, very pretty wall-flowers.


Ry's Mom and Dad. My how time flies. How grateful I am for our friendship!!!

The Nymans ... Ryan's OTHER family



Awwww .... cute, a little kitty

Caleb ... "what costume?"


Ryan and Dave can't pose for a normal picture. I suppose we just must surrender and be happy with what we get. (dorks)

It's Ted! We love Ted!


Ryan, we'd like to introduce you to your new little cousin Gabe. Yes, he's part Peruvian. You may speak Spanish to him.


Andrew, Ryan's rock climbing buddy!


More Nymans! I think they like the boy. How could they not!?


Very happy Mom and Aunties. We love you Ry!


My sexy husband. Whew! 


Break it up parents. This is my party!


Brennan! Be nice to the cat!


Auntie Dinah and her darling daughters Heidi and Lydia.


"Say Cheese" used to mean, smile.


Shawn, go show Brennan how to hold a cat properly.


I love my Shawnie!


Time to meet Jane's whole family. Three adorable kids just itching for a good missionary story.


Don't make fun of me. I'm pregnant! [psst ... did you know? #3! Yay)


Ryan missed his Auntie Jane. Guess what? She's going to have another baby too! And Ryan, you'll be here for these babies..... the best cousin ever!


Tammy and Niki give Ryan a perfect "pit-hug" ... well, maybe a little shorter than the PIT. Love you guys!!!


The twins. So darling! (Amber and Amanda)


And the evening started to wind down and most everyone went home. But Ryan and his buddies sat around and chatted. It was so fun to see my son home again being RYAN. I feel so happy to have my kids around me. Change is inevitable. Enjoy every day!

WELCOME HOME RYAN!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Man I miss him! I need to come over and see him SOOOON! I'm sorry I missed the open house...

Elizabeth said...

Yea!!! Your heart is whole again!!! Welcome home Ryan. And thank you to Shawn for a wonderful talk yesterday, but more importantly for his faith and prayers. Love you guys!